Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Milwaukee was great!

This past weekend we went to Milwaukee.  Our lovely daughter, Nancy, was able to take some time off on Friday to "hang out" with us, her parents.  She brought me a lovely orchid, which I am hoping will
last as well as my philodendron- the only plant I have not killed!





On Friday night, she had us meet up with her boyfriend, Neil Subel, and his parents, Greg and Gina.  We went to the Packing House, south of the Milwaukee airport for a wonderful fish fry!  Those had to be some of the tastiest potato pancakes ever!  We then went to Greg and Gina's cozy home in Muskego.  They have a fantastic bar set up and I felt very comfortable there.  On Saturday, we experienced the Elegant Farmer.  The "pie in a bag" there is soooo good, as are the apple cider doughnuts, across the street.  After that, it was on to the Harley Davidson Museum.  That was a great place!  Here you see my husband, living out his fantasy!
It was a great trip and it was so good to see our daughter, Nancy, too.  I am just glad to be back home and to get back into the "swing" of things, though.

And so, what is swinging around here?  Well, I managed to finish spinning and navajo plying the last 8 ounces of my Crown Mountain 100% Corriedale in the As Above So Below colorway.  I got 525 yards out of it.  I think I only had 423 of my previous 8 ounces......next time, I will have to watch my gauge better, as I spin.  This is something that my spinning buddy, Ann Kreig taught me- check your guage by using a weight on a length of spun yarn to see what the 2 ply will look like.  Remove a small sample to keep with you as you go and check it each session for comparison.  Thank you Ann!

Now that I have finished that project, on to the Knit Girllls SAL/KAL.  I  have my Cloudlover fiber ready to spin, next.

As for knitting, my current project is still the citron shawl for the Dramatic Knits KAL in the Desert Vista Dyeworks Cornflower gradient.
This has gone from the deepest color to the next, but they are so close, it is hard to see.  Since the fiber above arrived, I have not done much knitting- I am spinning like a mad woman to get that going.  Soon, I will find more time for knitting.  I still have not decided which pattern to knit for the Knit Girllls KAL- I am going to have to decide soon, as I will need to know how to spin the yarn for the project. 

I would like to thank anyone who is reading this blog for taking the time.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment